You have many rights if you are attending an unemployment hearing. These rights include, and are not limited to, the following:
- The right to have an attorney or representative present
- The right to examine any documents and evidence used in the hearing. You can access this file by requesting it in person from the Department of Labor at your hearing site in Brooklyn, Garden City, or Hauppauge.
- The right to conduct cross examination of any employer witnesses in the case
- The right to bring your own witnesses and perform direct examination of them
- The right to introduce any other evidence that you think will help explain why you should receive unemployment benefits.