The Unemployment Action Center can help by representing you in person, free of charge, at unemployment insurance hearings in Brooklyn, Garden City, or Hauppauge. We also can provide limited advice over the phone, also free of charge. We are volunteer law students who provide all services free of charge.
We have been a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization since 1987. All we do is represent claimants at unemployment hearings. We can help by doing the following:
- Analyze your employer file from the Department of Labor
- Introduce evidence that can help you with your claim
- Provide direct examination to make sure your testimony helps your case
- Cross-examine any hostile employer witnesses
- Provide closing statements to summarize your case